Toyota’s best-selling SUV is in line for an update next year, with the car-maker increasing the price of its RAV4 line-up by more than $2150 across all grades.
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 pricing and specifications
- Updated RAV4 includes new infotainment screen for high-end grades, larger digital instruments
- Enhanced safety technology standard across all grades
- Priced from $36,550 plus on-road costs
The 2023 Toyota RAV4 has been hit with price increases between $2150 and $2820 ahead of its arrival into Australian showrooms in December 2022.
Australia’s best-selling SUV is undergoing an update for 2023, with Toyota delivering key upgrades to the RAV4’s infotainment system, digital instrument cluster and advanced safety technology.
Priced from $36,550 plus on-road costs, the Toyota RAV4’s GX and GXL variants have gone up by $2150 since March 2022 – with the XSE, Cruiser and Edge grades incurring a $2450 price hike.
The biggest price increase has been given to the Toyota RAV4 Edge petrol which now starts from $53,020 plus on-road costs – up by $2850 – as it now receives LED projector headlights rather than the parabolic LEDs on other petrol models.
As previously reportedthe Toyota RAV4 GX and GXL have gained a 7.0-inch instrument cluster screen (up from 4.2-inch), wireless Apple CarPlay (wired function remains), satellite navigation as standard and Toyota Connected Services.
While the GX and GXL retain the RAV4’s existing 8.0-inch infotainment touchscreen, the XSE, Cruiser and Edge are now equipped with a 10.5-inch screen – shared with the new Corolla Cross.
The three high-end variants are now also fitted with a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, with four selectable designs and three layouts to choose from.
According to Toyota, all bar one of the RAV4’s five USB-A ports have been upgraded to USB-C, while the car’s voice recognition system has been improved thanks to two new microphones.
Additional upgrades for all Toyota RAV4 grades include a revised autonomous emergency braking system (capable of braking for oncoming vehicles in an intersection, or pedestrians crossing a side street the car is turning into), as well as emergency steering assist which helps to keep the car in its own lane when executing an evasive steering manoeuvre.
Toyota claims the RAV4’s reversing camera has been enhanced to offer a clearer image on the infotainment screen, which also includes dynamic guide lines for reverse parking.
The Toyota RAV4 Cruiser and Edge’s 360-degree camera now includes an underfloor view, allowing drivers to see the terrain and any obstacles underneath the SUV.
Engine options are carried over from the 2022 RAV4, with buyers given the choice of two petrol-only engines and two petrol-electric hybrids.
In the Toyota RAV4 GX, GXL, XSE and Cruiser, the 2.0-liter four-cylinder petrol-only engine develops 127kW and 203Nm, which drives the front wheels through a continuously variable transmission.
A 2.5-liter four-cylinder petrol engine is also exclusively available in the range-topping RAV4 Edge, producing 152kW/243Nm and mated to a six-speed automatic transmission, driving all four wheels.
The RAV4 hybrid variants are equipped with a 2.5-liter petrol engine and a front electric motor – developing up to 160kW combined – which is mated to a continuously variable transmission. All-wheel-drive hybrid grades add a rear electric motor which increases its power to 163kW.
According to Toyota, the RAV4 is available in nine colors, with Crystal Pearl superseded by Frosted White.
The 2023 Toyota RAV4 is expected to arrive in Australian showrooms in December 2022.
See below for a full list of pricing and features for the 2023 Toyota RAV4 range.
2023 Toyota RAV4 Australian pricing
- RAV4 GX 2WD petrol – $36,550 (up $2150)
- RAV4 GX 2WD hybrid – $39,050 (up $2150)
- RAV4 GX AWD hybrid – $42,050 (up $2150)
- RAV4 GXL 2WD petrol – $40,100 (up $2150)
- RAV4 GXL 2WD hybrid – $42,600 (up $2150)
- RAV4 GXL AWD hybrid – $45,600 (up $2150)
- RAV4 XSE 2WD hybrid – $45,700 (up $2450)
- RAV4 XSE AWD hybrid – $48,700 (up $2450)
- RAV4 Cruiser 2WD petrol – $45,700 (up $2450)
- RAV4 Cruiser 2WD hybrid – $48,200 (up $2450)
- RAV4 Cruiser AWD hybrid – $51,200 (up $2450)
- RAV4 Edge AWD petrol – $53,020 (up $2820)
- RAV4 Edge AWD hybrid – $52,700 (up $2450)
Note: All prices listed above exclude on-road costs.
2023 Toyota RAV4 GX standard features:
- 8.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with wireless and wired Apple CarPlay, wired Android Auto
- Satellite navigation (now standard)
- Over-the-air (OTA) software updates
- 7.0-inch driver instrument display
- Toyota Connected Services
- Five USB ports (4x USB-C, 1x USB-A)
- Autonomous emergency braking with junction assist
- Guide lines for reversing camera
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Cloth seat trim
- ‘Premium’ leatherette steering wheel
- Automatic LED headlights (parabolic on petrol models, projector on hybrids)
- LED daytime-running lights and tail-lights
- Halogen fog lights
- Manual air conditioning (petrol) or dual-zone climate control (hybrid)
- Push-button start
- Power-folding side mirrors with heating
- Electric parking brake
- Six-speaker sound system
- DAB+ digital radio
- Rear seat belt reminder
- LED interior lights
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Front and rear carpet floor mats
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and daytime cyclist detection
- Lane-departure warning
- Lane keep assist
- Adaptive cruise control (high-speed on manual models, all-speed in auto variants)
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Traffic-sign recognition
- Auto high-beam
2023 Toyota RAV4 GXL adds (over GX):
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Illuminated door switches
- Automatic dual-zone climate control (all models)
- ‘Premium’ embossed fabric upholstery
- Wireless phone charging
- Keyless entry
- Upgraded reversing camera with dynamic guidelines
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- ‘Premium’ front bumper and grille
- Rear privacy glass
- Roof rails
2023 Toyota RAV4 XSE adds (over GXL):
- 10.5-inch infotainment touchscreen
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Electric tailgate
- Black exterior accent pack (bumpers, grille, fog light surround, fenders, mirrors and two-tone roof)
- Gloss black wheel finish
- Dark headlining
- ‘Softex’ premium interior seat trim
- Electric drivers seat with lumbar adjustment
- Two-stage front seat heating
- Ambient cabin lighting
- 7.0-inch digital instrument display
2023 Toyota RAV4 Cruiser adds (over XSE):
- 360-degree camera with underfloor view
- Digital rear-view mirror
- Three-stage front seat heating and ventilation
- 19-inch alloy wheels (petrol only)
- 18-inch gloss black alloy wheels (hybrid only)
- Tilt and slide sunroof
- Leather-accented seat upholstery
- Nine-speaker JBL premium sound system
- Automatic power-folding door mirrors
2023 Toyota RAV4 Edge adds (over Cruiser):
- LED projector headlights (now standard on petrol variants, previously hybrid exclusive)
- Rear cross-traffic alert and rear autonomous emergency braking
- Unique 19-inch alloy wheels
- Edge-specific front bumper, grille, wheel-arch trims and fog light surrounds